Anita O'Day Jazz Singer
Anita O'Day is a 87 years old Jazz Singer from Chicago, Illinois. Anita O'Day was born on October 18, 1919 (died on November 23, 2006, she was 87 years old) in Chicago, Illinois.
Anita Belle Colton, known professionally as Anita O'Day, was an American jazz singer and self proclaimed “song stylist” widely admired for her sense of rhythm and dynamics, and her early big band appearances that shattered the traditional image of the "girl singer". Refusing to pander to any female stereotype, O'Day presented herself as a "hip" jazz musician, wearing a band jacket and skirt as opposed to an evening gown. She changed her surname from Colton.. .
Read full biography
No, she died on 11/23/2006, 16 years ago. She was 87 years old when she died. Cause of death: myocardial infarction. She died in West Hollywood
Anita O'Day had two marriages.
She married with Carl Hoff (36), in 1943. Anita O'Day was 23 and Carl Hoff was 27 years old. After 9 years, they break up in 1952.
Don Carter, Actor
O'Day married with Don Carter in 1937. Anita O'Day was 17 and Don Carter was 3 years old. They ended their 2 years marriage in 1939.
Anita O'Day Albums (32)
There are 32 albums of Anita O'Day.
Her last album In Person released 8 years 2 months ago. When In Person released, she was 94 years old. This album contains 20 tracks
Her first album Let Me Off Uptown: The Best Of Anita O'Day released 81 years ago, she was 21 years old when this album released. There were 18 songs in this album.
View all Anita O'Day albums.
Popular Anita O'Day Songs
- Beautiful Love (Anita, released 67 years ago)
- Whisper Not (Sings The Winners, released 64 years ago)
- Waiter, Make Mine Blues (Waiter, Make Mine The Blues, released 61 years ago)
- 's Wonderful / They Can't Take That Away From Me (Anita Sings The Most, released 65 years ago)
- Tea For Two (In Person, released 8 years ago)
- You Turned The Tables On Me (Anita Sings The Most, released 65 years ago)
- In Other Words (Verve Jazz Masters 49, released 27 years ago)
- Peanut Vendor - Club Des Belugas Remix (Forward, released 10 years ago)
- Thanks For The Memory (The Complete Anita O'Day Verve-Clef Sessions, released 23 years ago)
- That's What You Think (Let Me Off Uptown: The Best Of Anita O'Day, released 81 years ago)
Anita O'Day Movies (6)
There are 6 movies of Anita O'Day.
Her first feature film was Jazz on a Summer's Day (1960). She was 40 when she starred in this movie. Since 1960, she has appeared in 6 feature films. The last one is Jazz Icons: Anita O’Day Live in '63 & '70. In this movie, she played the character Anita O'Day .Anita O'Day movies.
Anita O'Day movie characters
The names of the characters/jobs in the films she starred in are as follows:
|Jazz on a Summer's Day (1960)||40|
|Herself||The Gene Krupa Story (1959)||39|
|Herself||Anita O'Day: The Life of a Jazz Singer (2007)||87|
|Anita O'Day: Live in Tokyo '63 (1963)||0|
|Sheila Mangan||Zig Zag (1970)||50|
|Anita O'Day||Jazz Icons: Anita O’Day Live in '63 & '70 (2009)||0|
Anita O'Day TV Shows (1)
Her first TV Show was Sez Les (1969).
Anita O'Day zodiac sign was libra.
Other facts about Anita O'Day
|Manner of death||Natural Causes|
|Place of death||West Hollywood|
|Place of birth||Chicago|
|Cause of death||Myocardial Infarction|
|Work period (start)||1934-01-01T00:00:00Z|
|Date of death||2006-11-23T00:00:00Z|
|Country of citizenship||United States Of America|
|Discography||Anita O'Day Discography|
|Pseudonym||The Jezebel Of Jazz|
|Official website||Anita O'Day official website|
|Family name||O'Day. Show people with the surname O'Day|